Monday, September 21, 2009

C is for Fairy Tale Cookies


My sweet tooth was inspired by these cookie stamps. They are retired but most are still available at Artistic Cookies. (I am not affiliated and do not vouch for this seller. I'm linking because I fell in love with these.) Really, the stamps themselves are charmingly designed. Alas, my favorite, The Frog Prince, is already sold out since this set is discontinued. I will have to be satisfied with a picture.



I admit I don't bake so I'm not sure why I'm always charmed by cakes and cookies. One of my dear friends does bake and works well with cookie cutters and decorating cakes.



I am actually surprised that the set did not include Cinderella, at least not from what I have discovered. Cinderella is so rarely left out that I was surprised she was usurped by Puss in Boots and Frog Prince.



However, all of the stamps themselves provide rather gender neutral designs for the cookies which perhaps explains the absence of a glass slipper. But I also find myself wanting a Gingerbread Man.



Aren't you craving a cookie by now? I'm as bad as the with in Hansel and Gretel today, aren't I?



If your preferences run to cookie cutters instead of stamps, here's a nice set that should do the trick. They are also much more reasonably priced!



And, don't forget an apron...

No comments:

Post a Comment