Friday, September 18, 2009

New Book: Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted


Here's another book that slipped through the radar until a few days ago. Fortunately, it was also just released a few days ago, so I'm not months behind this time! My dream is for when more authors (or their publicists or their publishers) send me information and possibly even advanced reading copies. And occasionally copies for a SurLaLune Giveaway--reminder that the current giveaway of Fairy Tales Reimagined ends two weeks from today. Thank you again to all who send me nice informative emails! And books! Helps me keep SurLaLune as comprehensive as possible...

But back to the post:

Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted is a YA modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I haven't read it. I haven't touched a copy yet. I haven't even added it to SurLaLune's Beauty and the Beast pages yet, but I know there are fans out there who hunger for this type of fiction. It sounds like a great companion book to Beastly by Alex Flinn.

Here's the publisher's description:

In an explosion of his own making, Lucius blew his arms off. Now he has hooks. He chose hooks because they were cheaper. He chose hooks because he wouldn’t outgrow them so quickly. He chose hooks so that everyone would know he was different, so he would scare even himself.

Then he meets Aurora. The hooks don’t scare her. They don’t keep her away. In fact, they don’t make any difference at all to her.

But to Lucius, they mean everything. They remind him of the beast he is inside. Perhaps Aurora is his Beauty, destined to set his soul free from its suffering.

Or maybe she’s just a girl who needs love just like he does.


Intriguing, yes? There is also a PDF of the first chapter to read, if you are interested.

BTW, I have a list on Amazon of Fairy Tale Influenced Fiction 2009. In fact, I've already started one for 2010 (Fairy Tale Influenced Fiction 2010) which is how I stumbled across Crazy Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment