Monday, August 23, 2010

When A Prince Of A Fella Meets A Cinderella



When A Prince Of A Fella Meets A Cinderella

When A Prince Of A Fella Meets A Cinderella by The Andrews Sisters is a fun little gem if you enjoy music from that era--I do!  I was browsing through my 1940s era music and remembered this little forgotten one.  I would love to hear one of the new harmony singing groups cover this one.

Cinderella: Songs From The Classic Fairy Tale (1998 Studio Compilation)

It's not surprising that I have quite a collection of Cinderella songs in my MP3 library. It doesn't hurt that I have Cinderella: Songs From The Classic Fairy Tale (1998 Studio Compilation) as well as the soundtracks for a few movies.  I prefer the Julie Andrews version of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical myself even if the sound quality isn't as strong as the other versions.  If you are going to listen to a musical, there aren't many women who have done it better than her.  (And I admit that as much as I adore Audrey Hepburn, I wish Andrews had gotten to play Eliza Doolittle in the movie version of My Fairy Lady!) 

Cinderella - Original Broadway Cast

All that and I also confess that I much prefer Slipper and the Rose to the R & H musical.  It was one of my earliest exposures to Cinderella and the first I ever loved.  The Sherman Brothers were brilliant when they hit the right projects, like Mary Poppins, P. L. Travers' opinions be ignored. (She hated it, you know.)

The Slipper and the Rose (1976 Film Soundtrack)

And, yes, I, too, like Suzy Bogguss' Hey Cinderella! I might be a born and bred Nashvillian but country is one of my least favorite genres of music.  Bogguss has always overcome my inclinations though and I own most of her music.  (Her CD Aces is still a favorite when I am in the mood.) This is a strong one from her.

Hey Cinderella

No comments:

Post a Comment