Friday, November 11, 2011

Snow White & The Huntsman Trailer 1



So that's the first trailer for Snow White & The Huntsman movie. Better than I anticipated actually but then it dwells on Theron and not Stewart who I have a hard time not seeing as Bella Swann, alas.

In theatres June 1, 2012.

I have a feeling that by the end of 2012 I will be really weary of Snow White. She is certainly the belle of the fairy tale ball right now. Although I like her much better after reading so many of her stories while editing Sleeping Beauties: Sleeping Beauty and Snow White Tales From Around the World. I didn't like her much before that, but I do now, so that is a boon. My view of her is no longer dominated by Disney and I doubt it ever will be again.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this!
    I love my Disney fairytales and anything 'magic' related anyway, helps me escape chaotic, modern life for a while!
    Fairytales also inspire my fashion creations and makeup looks so can't wait to see what I feel like designing after watching the film!

    Laura xx
    http://www.laurajeangriffiths.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?? This is so exciting! I had no idea this was coming out. What a fantastic trailer. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see this! I love that fairy tales are suddenly TAKING OVER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very interested in this because it seems it is going to mix fairytale with other myths and roman stories too, and I'm pretty excited, I love when different strands of myth come together!

    http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still looks an awful film. Snow White is primarily a naive, well, moron. Giving her the feminist treatment is silly, when there are far better heroines to improve.

    ReplyDelete