Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hollywood Report: ABC's 'Beauty and the Beast' Ordered to Pilot


From Hollywood Report: ABC's 'Beauty and the Beast' Ordered to Pilot:

ABC is making it a pair of Beauty and the Beast reboots this pilot season.

The female-skewing network is moving forward with its reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world where a beautiful and tough princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast.

Human Target scribe Jonathan E. Steinberg (Jericho) will pen the project with Gary Fleder (Life Unexpected) and Mary Beth Basile (October Road) attached to executive produce the ABC Studios project through their Mojo Films shingle.

ABC's Beauty and the Beast update comes as the network has found success with freshman fairy tale Once Upon a Time, the dual universe drama revolving around Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and her long-lost daughter (Jennifer Morrison).

But will Gaston be forced upon us? Shudder. It's ABC/Disney. It could happen. Just saying. Although I am enjoying Once Upon a Time. I'm just more attached to Beauty and her Beast so I get worried.

Now that Snow White trend really is ending but the fairy tale one isn't!

And isn't everyone excited to know that my Beauty and the Beast Tales From Around the World will be out later this year?

3 comments:

  1. Re: your book: Ecstatic, actually!

    Re: the show: so what are your thoughts on Avenant and the "hot guy foil" in other versions of the story?

    ~Lylassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a protective lurch in my stomach whenever new mainstream media projects tied with Beauty and The Beast emerge. I think if I were not working on my own BATB-centric project, I would be more likely to cheer. Both Once Upon a Time and Grimm have been cringeworthy thus far, and I'm always sorry to see fairytales handled so hamfistedly... Perhaps I'm just possessive!

    ReplyDelete