Thursday, November 12, 2015

SurLaLune Blog News Report with Questions for You



Howdy folks! Most of you didn't know that I have actually been traveling for the past several weeks. Or I should say I was. I returned home last week after three weeks away and now the posts I created ahead of time have run out! I have more books to post about and will be doing so. I also have a few posts to share with discoveries from my trip. There wasn't much folklore related on this one, but there was enough to share a few posts with you next week or the week after.

What would you like me to post over the holidays? I often have a contest this time of year to give away a few books when people share their own fairy tale related holiday wish lists. I enjoy those posts. Are you interested in doing that again? I wasn't planning on it but then I see things like the watch above--Whimsical Watches Women's S0150014 Polar Bear Royal Blue Leather Watch--when I am shopping and I get little happy thoughts. Because if you are a fairy tale aficionado you know that watch made me think immediately of a favorite fairy tale, East of the Sun and West of the Moon.

So yes to a contest? And do you enjoy the "shopping" posts I usually do this time of year? I haven't been following movie news as much but there has been much going on there, too. I am hoping InkGypsy's time and personal resources open up a little bit more so she can return to regular movie postings. She does it so much better than me! Blog keeping is not easy. This one is now 8 years old and SurLaLune proper turns 18 in December officially (although it was in the works earlier than that).

And on other notes, I am working on two new SurLaLune titles that are nearing completion. Kind and Unkind Girls is in the final editing stages and a collection of Cat tales will also be available sometime in the near future, I hope. So the blog has to be fun and short so I can devote time to the books. Otherwise nothing gets done around here since I have to work the real job, eat, spend time with family and occasionally sleep.

7 comments:

  1. I love seeing the shopping blogs each holiday season. I find it increases my own wish list and gives me great gift ideas for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind seeing the shopping posts. I'm always on the lookout for new stuff and I do miss things. So I love finding something new. I really don't enter the contest but I wouldn't say no. Thanks always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the book contest idea!!! I don't mind seeing those post about shopping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the blog - it is amazing! I love holiday shopping ideas - the more the merrier. And I can't wait to read your Kind and Unkind Girls book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to the contest. And yes to the shopping blog, too. (And thanks for all your work. I love this blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it has anything to do with fairytales I say yes. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your site. Oh, boy! Yes to it all!

    ReplyDelete